Friday, February 19, 2010

Sister Walker Stays in Boulder City

Hello!!!!

So let me explain a little something called transfers to you... in our mission it works like this:

  • if you and your companion are getting double transferred out of an area you get a call the Saturday night before transfers.-
  • if you are getting sent to Elko you get a call the Saturday night before transfers so that you can get ready to go Monday morning.-
  • if you are training you get a call the Sunday night before transfers.-
  • if you are getting transferred you find out on Monday early afternoon.-
  • if you or your companion are getting transferred you go to Transfer conference on Tuesday afternoon.

Ok, now that I have explained all of that you can somewhat understand how stressful the weekend before transfers can be. Many thoughts run through a missionaries head such as, "Am I getting transferred, or am I staying here..." "Am I getting a new companion, what if they are lazy..." "Is the work going to continue if I'm gone..." STRESSFUL!!!

Well, lets start my story off here... Every transfer I have found out at least a week ahead of time if I was staying or not... President knows me too well... and I'm a bit sneaky! BUT... Last week, I had NO CLUE what was going to happen. I was SO STRESSED all weekend. I had no idea what was going to happen for my last transfer. As you all know, I really, really wanted to stay in Boulder City but in the back of my mind I was preparing myself to head out.

Aaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!

On Sunday night I received a phone call from the Assistants and of course I knew this meant a training call because this was the 3rd time I had received the "Sunday night call." I'm not going to lie, I was hoping to have an experienced companion for my last transfer because I was getting a bit worn out from training... but of course, I was willing to do whatever the Lord asked of me!!! I asked the Elder if that meant that I was staying in Boulder City and he said he could not tell me! YIKES! I had another slight freak out session then went to bed. I couldn't sleep all night because I was so stressed out. WHAT WAS GOING TO HAPPEN!!!!!! So........ I thought for sure I was getting transferred UNTIL I got a call Monday morning from President. He called and made me promise him I would stay focused because......... I would be STAYING in Boulder City for another 6 weeks!

I'm pretty sure I squealed! I'm creating quite the habit of squealing a lot! He also made me cry. He told me that he knew right away that I needed to train my last transfer. He told me that he had full confidence in me and he told me that if this were his daughter coming into the mission he would want me to be her trainer. He told me that he wanted my legacy to live on in the Nevada Las Vegas Mission and that it was through training this transfer that that would happen. I told him that I promise to make him proud and I WILL!!!!!!!!!!!

Well Folks, lets just say it's a good thing I am in LOVE with Boulder City because at the end of this transfer I will have spent half of my mission here! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I LOVE MY COMPANION!!! Her name is Sister Matthew and she is from the Martial Islands... but most recently Honolulu! She is the greatest, most excited, hardest working companion I have had my entire mission. In a trainers meeting that we had on Tuesday morning President told us trainers that the transfer that we spend training should be the most exhausting transfer next to our last transfer. I am the only Trainer going home at the end of this transfer so I said, "ok President, then I'll be double exhausted for you!..." and let me tell ya, after yesterday I am exhausted and SO EXCITED for this transfer! We literally ran from person to person, house to house yesterday to tell EVERYONE we saw about the Restoration of the gospel!

I am so grateful to be serving with Sister Matthew because she is just what I need to go out with a bang! She has the most powerful testimony I have ever seen!!! She is the BEST!!!!!!!!! The Lord does work in mysterious ways!!! He knows that Sister Matthew is the PERFECT companion for my last transfer!

Cami's baptism was perfect! She bore her testimony and simply said, "I know that this church is true. When I went into the water... I felt it. Amen." As she said those simple but truly heartfelt words, her eyes filled with tears and I knew that the Spirit had touched everyone in the room at that moment. And dang, it hit me like a ton of bricks, I couldn't hold back the tears!

Kelsey had her interview for baptism last night and it went great! She is so ready for baptism!!!!!! I am so happy for the decision she has made and that she has stuck to it even without her parents support! I am constantly amazed at the things people go through to be members of the True Church. THE CHURCH IS TRUE!!!!!!!!

Ok, I think that's about all I've got to tell you this week! I love this work so much and I am so blessed to be serving the Lord!

Remember that I love you! Make good choices, don't do drugs, and go spread the gospel! I LOVE YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Love, ME!

No comments: