Friday, February 19, 2010

Rain - Letter from Sis Walker Jan 14

This week has been a great week! Not anything too exciting but it has surely been good! It rained yesterday and that made me smile!!! I of course had to pull over the car and jump out and dance in it!!! Luckily we were in the middle of nowhere so I could get away with it!!!

I love Sister Burgess! She is SO Green!!!!! I love it! She keeps me on my toes! She is very shy but she is totally coming out of her shell!!!! I just have to remember to shut my yapper so that I can allow her to shine!

We have done about 2 hours of tracting this past week… which I HATE, because tracting is the biggest waste of time in the world… but, I have had to humble myself because it has been SO GOOD for Sister Burgess to come out of her shell. In fact, yesterday while tracting, we knocked on a door of a woman who wasn’t interested, she said she was Born Again (which in my opinion is just another way of saying we only go to church on Easter and Christmas because we have been saved and don’t need a church) and that she didn’t want us to waste our literature on her. As we were leaving her doorstep, before she closed the door, Sister Burgess said, “Wait I really feel like I need to leave this with you…” and handed her a Proclamation pamphlet. Then we went on to the next house. As we were going back down the street that same woman was sitting in her garage smoking and we said “Hi” then kept walking. THEN all of the sudden Sister Burgess then turned around a b-lined over to this woman and said (actually more like blurted out), “So what if I told you that the same church that Jesus Christ set up while on the earth has been restored and that we have a Prophet who leads that church today?” The woman was a bit dumbfounded and said, “Well what do you mean by restored…” Then Sister Burgess explained. The whole time I was just standing there with my jaw hanging down to my knees because I was NOT EXPECTING THAT! I wish I had a picture of my face. I didn’t even know what to say to the woman… so I just let Sis. Burgess talk… then I shared my testimony with her. We gave her a restoration pamphlet and told her she didn’t need to even look at it but that at least she had it! She said, “thank you” and we headed off on our way. It is amazing how when shy people decide they are going to talk… they just talk!!! Anyway, that is one of the MANY reasons I love Sister Burgess!

I have come to realize this transfer that having a companion that is COMPLETELY opposite from you is an amazing thing because we both have our strengths but just in totally different ways and we are able to use those strengths together to do amazing things! It’s like Batman and Robin! Haha! I love it! I have learned so many new things in the past week with Sister Burgess. It is fun having an Asian Studies Major for a companion. I have learned all about the Asian culture, cinema, ANIME, and many other things that I could have cared less about a week ago but I have learned to appreciate them because that is Sister Burgess’ passion! Totally different experience than training Sister Johnson. This is a great prep for when I have kids and they all come out completely different. You just learn to enjoy what they enjoy!

We re-set Cami for baptism last night. She is now set for Feb. 13th. She told us that she is okay with that date but that she wanted to read at least half the Book of Mormon before getting baptized and she was only on page 22. So told her that we would come over to her house everyday and read for 30 minutes with her. We have to read 8.1 pages day to meet her goal!!! Exciting!!! How many 10 year-olds do you know that want to read the Book of Mormon for that long every day????? Haha!

Well, that is just about it! Everything else is going so great! I love you all! Make good choices, don’t do drugs, be happy and go out there and spread the gospel!

Love, ME!

No comments: