Friday, February 19, 2010

Sis Walker Feb 4

Hello Family!!!!!

This week has been a great week! Phil’s baptism was incredible! There was a great turnout! Jammie, Phil’s recently baptized wife gave a combined talk on Baptism and the Gift of the Holy Ghost… lets just say, she is ready to speak in Stake Conference. The talk was phenomenal!!!! They are so excited to go to the temple in a year and I can’t wait to be here for that!

We have an investigator, Kelsey, who really wants to get baptized on the 20th of this month but she is only 17 and her parents aren’t too keen on the idea. But get this, before we even taught her about fasting, she asked us if we would join her in a fast for her parent’s hearts to be softened. I guess she had learned about fasting in Seminary… at any rate, we had a fast yesterday and I really feel as though things are going to work out! Kelsey is another one of those really mature teenagers whom I feel so privileged to be teaching. I feel like she teaches me more than I teach her!!! I love it!

We are getting so close to our goal in the Book of Mormon with Cami!!! We are almost done with Mosiah! I have noticed a couple of things as we have read, 1. her understanding of the gospel has increased, 2. her family is growing closer together as we read together 3. her reading skills are picking up quite a bit! I just love the Book of Mormon!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Cami’s dad is now sitting in as we read and contributing quite a bit!!! We are getting Cami to enjoy primary and she even attended the Activity Day’s activity this past Tuesday!!! This girl has come a LONG way and she is doing so great! We are excited for her baptism next weekend!

The Carranza family, the family with 6 daughters, is doing great! We have had some really fun lessons the past few weeks and they are also coming a long way! Tomorrow we are going over to teach them about the Wise Man and the Foolish Man and we are going to do a little object lesson… lets just say it includes lots of sand, a rock, water and a popsicle stick house, or two!!!! A family in the ward invited them over for FHE this past Monday and they had a blast! They are getting so close to baptism!!!

We are teaching a girl, Tamika, who just moved here from Chicago a few months ago! I LOVE HER!!! She is as black as black gets and I’m pretty sure she had some Baptist upbringing! She is great to teach. I’m not sure how committed she is yet but she does her reading assignments and asks really great questions in lessons… we’ve just got to get her to church!!

I LOVE BOULDER CITY!!! I would love to finish off my mission here but of course, I will go wherever the Lord needs me! I LOVE BEING A MISSIONARY!!!!! I love the happiness I feel at the end of every day! I love the strength my testimony has received. I love having the Spirit with me at all times! I love meeting new people! I love serving others! I love seeing families accept the gospel and work toward the temple together! I love baptisms! I LOVE THIS WORK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks for all of you love, prayers and support!

Make good choices, don’t do drugs, be happy and go out and baptize someone!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Love, ME!

No comments: