Friday, February 19, 2010

Sister Walker 1-28-10

Hello my favorite People!!!

Boulder City is still 100% incredible! On Friday evening we went over to have a lesson with our investigator, Phil, who had just got home for a week and a half road-trip through the mid-west, including Nauvoo. Anyway, after telling us about their trip, Jammie, his wife, said, "So, Phil do you have something you would like to tell them..." After a minute of hesitation, Phil said, "Well, I have decided I am going to be baptized." WE HADN'T EVEN CHALLENGED HIM FOR BAPTISM YET. I squeeled, of course!!!! So then we said, "Ok, how does Feb. 13th sound?" and he said, "Wait, why do I have to wait so long, why cant we do it next Saturday?" I am pretty sure that it was at that point that my eyes filled up with tears. So, Phil is getting baptized on Saturday! YAY!!!!! And that my friends is what we call the power of members.

Phil is really good friends with a lot of members and they have been there for him every step of the way, answering questions, being there to study when we could be there, etc. I LOVE MEMBERS!!!

We are in Mosiah with Cami. We have to get to page 265 by the 13th. AND... We received a phone call the other day from a man, Jason, who is a recovering heroine addict whose wife is a member and kicked him out a few months ago because he relapsed. She told him that he needs to be reading the Book of Mormon every day and so he decided that he was going to do that. SO, he reads a chapter every day and then calls us every evening and explains what he read and then we add our 2 cents! We are also meeting with him every couple of days to have a lesson!!! OH BOY, I am REALLY going to get to know the Book of Mormon in the next couple of weeks! I LOVE IT!!!

We have anther new investigator, Kelsey, who is 17. She is attending the Las Vegas Arts Academy where she is friends with a lot of LDS kids. She has been attending seminary up there for the past year and just decided that she wanted to take the lessons. Her fellowshipper is a great kid who is preparing to leave on his mission in March. Anyway, when we had our first lesson on Monday, she told us that she has already read the entire Book of Mormon and she knows it is true. So, we are going to set her for baptism on Saturday... then quickly go through the lessons... that was easy!

Did I tell you that Maria May got her mission call to Ft. Lauderdale???? Dad, you will have to fill her up with referrals!!! She goes into the MTC the day that I fly home. Anyway, she is receiving her edwoment next month and President just told me that I will be able to go!!!!!!! I'M SO EXCITED!!!!!!!!!!!!! What a treat! That is what this work is all about! Teach, Baptize, Temple!!! Yay!!!

Well, I think that is just about it with the exciting news!!! Oh, so it keeps raining. Last week we had CRAZY rain. I'm sure you saw some of it on the news. It was a pretty big deal! We had floods all over the place! I loved it! Lots and lots and lots of puddle jumping... and wet, pruny feet!!!

I LOVE THIS WORK!!!

I love you all so much! Make good choices, don't do drugs, be happy and remember that Sister Chelsee Walker LOVES YOU SO MUCH!!!!!!!

Love, ME!

No comments: