Friday, February 26, 2010

Sister Walker 2-25-2010

HELLO!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I love missionary work!!! This past week has been a VERY different week in Boulder City. We have had a constant stream of progressing investigators since the first month I was here BUT we have had SO many baptisms lately that we have recently run into a shortage of people to teach. SO this past week we did a TON of finding! It has been a BLAST! Sister Matthew is SO incredible! She has literally kept me running from person to person! We also ran out of miles on our car so we walked all weekend and we taught SO MANY other lessons! We did a little bit of tracting but mostly just street contacts... that's what's nice about the warmer weather, people are actually out and about!

Cool experience... we were driving up a street on Monday night and over in a drainage ditch I saw a guy sitting there, I turned the car around and jumped out (Sis. Matthew had no idea what was going on but she followed). I went up to the guy, he had a half empty bottle of beer by his feet and he was smoking a cigarette! I knew something was up so I said, "Hello, are you OK?" He said, "No." I of course was curious (I've become quite a nosy person) so I said, "What's up?" He told us that he had just been attacked by a drunk guy and was having a VERY BAD day. I could tell. I told him that we were missionaries from the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints and that we could help make his day better. He looked at me like I was some sort of maniac but I kept going. I told him that Heavenly Father was very aware of his situation and that through the Atonement he could have comfort in his life. At this point he stood up and came over to talk to us. He said, "I've only got one question... Where did you come from? People have walked by all night and you are the first ones to stop and talk to me." I felt like a good Samaritan!!! We gave him a Finding Faith in Christ DVD card and set up a time to go and talk to him the next day. We went to his house the next day and he told us that he thought we were angles (I'm sure that had something to do with the half empty bottle of beer)!!!! Hahaha! We taught him the Plan of Salvation and watched Finding Faith in Christ. At the end of the movie all he said was "Wow!" That's how I felt too! He still has quite a way to go... like not drinking while we are at his house. But I think Eddie had his prayers answered that night!

Kelsey's baptism didn't go through on Saturday. Her dad called us on Friday and said, "Kelsey will not be getting baptized until she is 18... that is in 4 weeks and if she wants it that bad then she can wait." I told him that was fine... so now we are planning a baptism for March 27! Kelsey also handled it very well. I called her right up after talking to her dad and told her to keep it cool with her parents and that they would come around eventually and that it would be just fine to wait for a month. So, all is good!

I am SO in LOVE with Boulder City. I'm quite seriously considering moving back here! I have had a TON of job offers from members and one member even offered to buy me a house!!!

I get to go through the temple on Saturday with Maria May!!!! I’m so excited! One of MY recent converts is going through the temple and I get to be there!!!!!!!! Woohoooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!

I think that is just about all the exciting news! I love you all SO MUCH! Make good choices, don't do drugs, be happy and LOVE JESUS!

Love, ME!

No comments: