Friday, February 19, 2010

MORE RAIN - January 21

My most dearest family in the whole entire world!!!! Hello!

It is SO WET here! Oh my goodness, I have NEVER seen this much rain in Nevada! Lets just say that there is a dry lake bed in Boulder City that isn't so dry anymore!!!! The streets are completely flooded! Needless to say, my feet have been prunes for the past 3 days. Literally non-stop rain for 3 days now. I can't believe my eyes! I have quite enjoyed splashing in the puddles, the only problem is that I am constantly WET! I love it!

We are still truggin' along with Cami reading the Book of Mormon every night. We are now on 2 Nephi 28. LOTS of reading! It has been a blast! Slowly yet surely the more and more members of the family are sitting in as we read! We've just got to get her dad in on it! As we were reading the other day we came across the word fatigue and Coty the 9-year-old was reading. He said the word correctly, of course, because he is a genius... it reminded me of Tys though when he was about that same age and we were reading as a family and he came across the word fatigue and read it as fat-i-goo! I had to giggle inside! I love our Rigs!

So, other than being really wet and reading the Book of Mormon like crazy people... nothing too new is going on since last week! We are hoping to set Phil (Jaimee's husband) for baptism tomorrow. I am SO excited for him. Oh get this, they had to go out to Michigan for a funeral this past week and they drove out there and then decided to take the southern route home so of course they just had to stop in Nauvoo!!! They said that there was an ice storm so Nauvoo was all shut down. However, they ran into a Senior couple who took them around and showed them some sights. Can you say GOLDEN!!! Oh yeah and he went to church on Sunday in Michigan! I love them!

We seem to meet a lot of drunk people lately! They are so stinkin fun to talk to! We can get all sorts of info out of them and they aren't afraid to give out their phone numbers! Then when we call back they have no clue who we are! Hahaha! Oh yeah, and of course I have Sis. Burgess talk to them! I get some great giggles in!

I LOVE MY LIFE! Oh, I am sitting next to one of the other Sisters, Sister Done and I asked her what else I should tell you and she said to say, "I love Sister Done!!!" It's true! I have wanted to serve with Sis. Done my whole mission but seeing as how this is her last transfer and we haven't served together yet... well, I suppose that just isn't going to happen! Sad day. However, she just got transfered into my zone so at least I get to see her a couple of times a week now! We have come to realize why we have never served together... we are just too good of friends and we would probably drive people crazy because we just have too much fun around each other! I am trying to convert her to BYU-I so that we can live together but she just isn't buying it! Ha! I'll keep trying! She is going to go to LDSBC though so at least we can play on the weekends!!!!

Ok, I really don't know what else to talk about so I am going to sign off now! I love you all more that the desert loves rain!

Remember who you are, remember that I love you!

Make good choices, don't do drugs and be the best missionaries you can be!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Love, ME!!!

Oh P.S. my new baby is SO CUTE!!!!! OK, maybe a little squished out of shape but still cute!!! I need more pictures!

No comments: