Sunday, November 29, 2009

Sister Walker's Thanksgiving Week Letter

We were just a bit worried because we had not heard from Chelsee on her usual email day, and we wondered if she had been transferred, stayed in Boulder City, or just what??? Here's our answer:

Hello People!!!

I know, surprise, it’s Saturday.

We didn’t get a chance to write on Thursday because nowhere was open and we were a little pre-occupied with the Mission’s valley wide Turkey Bowl, and eating yummy goodness! We drove an hour to North Las Vegas to go to the Turkey Bowl and we had a blast! As soon as we got off at the exit the first thing I said was… “Yay, colored people.” You have no idea how white Boulder City is!

Oh and yes, that means that I stayed in Boulder City this transfer! Yay, I’m going on 6 months here! Sister Johnson also stayed and we got a 3rd companion, Sister Brown who is actually from North Las Vegas. Sister Brown originally served in the Houston South Mission but had to come home for medical stuff and hasn’t been able to go back out there so she is here with us this transfer! I feel like I am training all over again but it is a good experience for me!

Anyway, back to Thanksgiving, we had a wonderful day! We had dinner with one of our investigators and her family. Lisa is Jake Davis’ mom (Jake got baptized back in Aug.) and she invited us over for dinner so of course we said yes! We had dinner with 6 non-members and 1 recent convert! The food was of course delish but nothing compared to Aunt Dee’s mashed potatoes!

After that dinner we went over to one of our ward mission leader’s home and I had some turkey with cranberry sauce over there because the first dinner didn’t have cranberry sauce. And, I recently discovered that I like candied yams! Yup, they are pretty tasty! Let’s just say I was pretty stuffed by the end of the night.

Since Thursday is a Preparation day we also did our laundry and went grocery shopping! We were done with P-day and out teaching again by 6:00… nope, not like Elder Walker’s all day P-day, we actually work on Holidays here! Hahahaha!!!

Daniel’s baptism was so fantastic! There were over 150 people there and President and Sister Christensen came too! They said they had never seen a baptism with so many people there. I told them they should have seen Jake’s baptism where there were over 200 people there!

Boulder City is the Celestial Kingdom so of course, it is perfect and everyone comes out to support those getting baptized! Daniel received the priesthood on Monday evening so that he could leave that night to go up to Utah with his cousins and do baptisms in the SLC temple and the Bountiful temple! I told him I was way excited for him to go to the Bountiful temple because that is where I did baptisms for the dead for my first time!

Ummmmm….. by brain is dead. I think I am still in a turkey coma! I think that is basically it. I’ll fill you in on more details next week!

I love you all more than anything!
Remember who you are and what you stand for! Make good choices, don’t do drugs and BE HAPPY!
LOVE,
ME!!!!!!

No comments: