Thursday, November 12, 2009

Sister Walker Letter 11-12-09

Hello People!

Who LOVES being a missionary? I do, I DO!!!!! I LOVE THIS WORK! I love hearing from Tyson and seeing his testimony grow. I love remembering my MTC experience and thinking about all of the great memories he is now making. I love seeing people, both missionaries and members, gain their testimonies of missionary work. I love hearing that my family is having great missionary opportunities. I love seeing prayers answered and miracles take place. I love diving into the Book of Mormon and learning how to help others from the teachings of that great and marvelous book. I LOVE THIS GOSPEL!!!!

As we get closer to Thanksgiving I am always striving to think of the things that I am grateful for. The great thing is that everything that I think of that I am grateful for has everything to do with the gospel. My family, my testimony, my friends, this mission experience, the Book of Mormon, food to eat, a safe place to live…. It can all be summed up in one sentence by saying that I am thankful for the Atonement of our Savior Jesus Christ because without His Atonement, I wouldn’t have any one of those things in my life! I love being a member of this church because, “I know who I am, I know God’s plan, I’ll follow Him in faith….”

Last weekend we had the Turner’s baptism. I can’t even explain how incredible it was without being brought to tears. And that is a pretty big deal for me folks because I don’t EVER cry anymore. Their baptism was what this work is all about, it is the very reason I came on a mission… a family was brought together in the gospel and they will be able to be sealed together for eternity in a year. I didn’t come here just to baptize but to get families to the temple! I can’t wait to see them all in white again as they are brought together in the sealing room… and you can betcha that I will be bawling like a little baby! Yay for the Turners!

We have a lot of excitement in the next couple of weeks. We have lots more baptisms taking place! The members have been SO excited to do missionary work. There hasn’t been much action down here for a while so they are getting all sorts of excited with all these baptisms taking place! The Lord is blessing Boulder like you wouldn’t believe! The members are giving us referrals up the wazoo. I am begging President to send another companionship down here because there is so much going on and so little time to do all of it! I LOVE IT!!!!!!!! Hallelujah!

Um… I just went on 24 hour exchanges with my Chocolate Sista so I am a little on the hallelujah and praise the Lord side of things right now!!!! Uh… what else is going on????

I am doing so fantastic! I have never been happier! I can’t stop smiling, in fact my cheeks are getting a little sore and my mouth is constantly dry from smiling all the time!!!!!!! Gee, what a horrible problem!!! (giggle)

Ok, I guess I will be done now. I really could go on and on and on with the excitement of this work but I know you have other things to attend to so I will let you get on with your day now!!!!I LOVE YOU ALL SO SO SO SO SO VERY MUCH!!!!!!!!!!

Make good choices, don’t do drugs and remember that Jesus Loves YOU!

Love, ME!

1 comment:

Lianne said...

Both of your children are fabulous missionaries! I love reading the letters that they send. I'm sure you are so proud of both of them! :)