Thursday, March 4, 2010

Sister Walker 3/4/2010

ALOHA!!!!!!!!

Ok, I'm feeling a little Hawaiian with Sis. Matthew around... even though she isn't Hawaiian, she is Marshallese ! Oh well, she still spent half her life in Hawaii!

This week has been a great week! Last weekend I went to the temple with Maria May and I tell you what, that made my whole mission. I sat right behind Maria during the session and I loved seeing the excitement/ nervousness/ confusion come across her face during the session! It was fantastic! It reminded me SO much of when I went though the temple to receive my endowment! She did such a great job! The second I got into the Celestial room I wrapped my arms around her and told her how proud I was of her! She hugged me SO tight and said, "Thank you so much for choosing to come on a mission. I know that you came on your mission for me!" I had to fight back the tears at that point because I knew she was right. I am SO glad that I chose to come on a mission! I know that I was sent here to the Nevada Las Vegas Mission at this time because there were and are people here that needed ME, yes, Me, Sister Walker to come and teach them and bring them unto Christ! I have been so blessed and so privileged to teach so many incredible people!

On Sunday Sister Matthew and I gave talks in one of our wards. When the Counselor, Bro. Armantrout got up to introduce us, he said, "Well brothers and sisters, today you get a special treat, you get to hear from a sister who is still fresh from the MTC and a sister who only has 4 weeks left." I laughed! I was trying not to tell everyone, even though most people already know because I have been here so long. I started off my talk by saying, "My name is Sister Walker and if you don't know that by now than you probably moved in in the past 3 months because that was the last time I talked. You know you've been in an area a long time when this is your fourth time giving a talk in the same ward." I actually felt like I was giving a farewell talk because I know everyone in the ward and I have grown so close to all of them. It was great!

On Monday I did an exchange with the sisters serving in Henderson. President asked me last week to organize an exchange with those sisters because they were struggling. I must admit, I sort of felt like a district leader for a second because they are the ones that usually do that with the elders in their district!!! I guess that's what happens when you are the oldest sister in the mission by 7 1/2 months... meaning that the next sister doesn't go home for another 7 1/2 months! The exchange was good, I was able to figure out what the problem is in their companionship and I talked to both of them about it and so far things are getting better!

Ok, I've got to go now. I'm getting kicked off the computer!

I love you all SO SO SO MUCH!!!!

Remember to make good choices, don't do drugs, be happy and serve the Lord!

Love, ME!!!!

No comments: