Monday, March 22, 2010

Sis. Walker - March 18, 2010

HELLO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh my EVER LIVIN... this is your second to last e-mail from your favorite Sister Chelsee Walker! CRAZY!!!!!!!

First of all... happy St. Pats Day yesterday... yes, it is my favorite holiday and YES I did tell everyone that... I had corned beef and cabbage 2 times this week... I'm not so sure I want any more corned beef for about a year! I liked it but twice in one week is getting a little overboard! Ha!

We had another Sister Exchange on Tuesday and once again, I went Spanish for the day... yes, another 24 hours of nothing but Spanish. My brain didn't hurt as much as it did the last time I did it because I understood about a 3rd of the words this time! It was fun. I was with Hermana Hernandez from Mexico. Hna Hernandez has only been out 2 months so it was fun sharing some insight with her. I had something reaffirmed to me this time... it doesn't matter what language you speak, we all have one common language and that is the Spirit. I could feel the spirit so strong when she shared the first vision with a new investigator. It doesn't matter what language the first vision is told in... it is a true event, Joseph DID see God the Father and His son Jesus Christ.

Cool experience.... The other night I was feeling super sad because one of our investigators who we had set for baptism for this weekend told us that he wasn't ready to be baptized and wanted to wait for a couple of weeks. Well, I was being super selfish and my thought process was... "well if he waits for a couple of weeks I wont be here and there is a possibility of not having a baptism this transfer because we aren't sure if Kelsey is getting baptized on the 27th anymore..." I was super bummed. I went down and laid on my bed and I kept thinking, "this is going to haunt me for the rest of my life... You didn't have a baptism your last transfer, what a failure..." And then the tears came... then after a minute I thought..." WAIT, I AM NOT A FAILURE... Sister Walker, this is Satan trying to make you sad so that you don't feel like working as hard as you can to have a baptism this transfer..." as soon as I had that thought I felt a TON of peace and the second thought came to mind... "Not THY will but MINE.... HELLO SISTER WALKER... If the Lord wants Kelsey to get baptized on the 27 then she will get baptized on the 27th. If it is not His will then it wont happen. AND you are NOT a failure... look at all the other success stories you have had on your mission... sheesh Sister Walker, this is the LORDS work... HIS WILL!" Then I got down on my knees and thanked the Lord for comforting my heart. I wish you could have been inside my head because it would have been quite the comedy show! I feel 100% better now and I am working as hard as I can... we have a lot of people set for baptism for next transfer and I know that my hard work will pay off!

I LOVE BEING A MISSIONARY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ok, I have got to get running now. I only have 6 minutes and I need to send my Presidents letter! I love you all more than anything!

Make good choices, don't do drugs, be happy and love Jesus!
See you real soon baboon!
Love, ME!

No comments: