Friday, March 12, 2010

Sis Walker March 11

Happy 18 months and 1 day to me!!!!!! Oh my EVER LIVIN, I cannot BELIEVE that I have been on my mission for 18 months officially! I almost don't want to believe it! I wish I could slow time down but I have come to terms with the fact that I cannot and I'm just going to have to make the best of it! This has been the greatest 18 months and 1 day of my life and I will forever be grateful for the opportunity I have had to be a full-time servant of the Lord! I have thought a lot about the past 18 months... and one day... and all the changes that have taken place in me and I tell you what... WOW! I feel like a new person! Don't worry though, I'm still as quirky and blond as ever... I'm just a bit more in tune with my spiritual side! Haha!

Can I just say that I LOVE Sister Matthew! She keeps me laughing constantly. Yesterday we were doing some tracting and out of the blue she turns to me and says, "Sister Walker, my body is a temple, not a visitors center." Yeah, I have no idea where that came from but it was right at the perfect moment because I was getting a little grumpy from tracting... In case you didn't know... I don't like tracting... AT ALL! She is so on top of things and knows how to cheer me up right at the right moment! I LOVE HER! She even bought me lunch yesterday to celebrate my 18 months!!! I wish I could bring her with me in a couple of weeks and set her on my shelf and have her cheer me up when I am piled in homework! I'll just have to find a replacement Marshaleese person until she is done with her mission!!! Ha!

I of course am in love with this work. Things have been a little slower this transfer as far as LTM's and baptisms go but we are still trudging forward! I have been a little nervous because we only have 1 person set for baptism this transfer (a couple more for next) and she is having major problems with her family. But I have faith that all will be well and that she will get baptized. We are still doing a lot of finding and being quite successful... still slow but successful!

So, the sun can't make up it's mind, it is standing on the sidelines and the clouds keep taking the stage! Yesterday the weather was like Colorado. Beautiful and sunny in the morning, cold and raining from noon to 4, sunny and warm till 5, then snow at 5 (yes snow... just flurries... nothing stuck), cleared up by 7... sheesh! Maybe it is just trying to prepare me!

We went to the temple this morning! I LOVE THE TEMPLE!!!!! I love the Las Vegas temple! Do you know what is weird???... The next time I go to the temple Mom and Dad will be there! CRAZY!

Ok, I've got to get running now! I love you all SO MUCH!!!!!!!! Make good choices, don't do drugs, be happy and baptize someone!

Love, ME!

1 comment:

Megan Maree Walker Boehm said...

Wow I cant believe she has been out 18 months, where has the time gone??