Thursday, March 5, 2009

Sister Walker's Letter Update

We received a very touching and powerful letter this week. Here are a few key portions that I think you might enjoy...

In response to Gyle sharing with Sister Walker that Richelle, one of Chelsee's Colorado friends, will be returning home from her mission the end of the month, Chelsee wrote:

Dad, time flies by WAY TOO FAST! A couple of weeks ago I was starting to feel discouraged because I was doing SO much in Kingman and then I came up here and we had 2 investigators and only 8 potentials... we did have Maria's baptism but that was all. I didn't know what to do with myself... I was feeling like I wasn't at my full potential. And on top of that I was put with a trunky companion... Time flies by WAY too fast to be tracting all day every day and have no results. So, I called President one night and asked if I could come in and visit with him so that he could give me some advice. I was able to go in and tell him everything that was on my mind... I want to be the best missionary I can be and I didn't feel like I was able to do that at that time. I felt like I had emptied out my bucket on these people and it wasn't getting re-filled. He was so incredible. He helped me resolve some of my concerns and gave me some excellent advice. He told me that for the next couple of weeks all he wanted me to study was the life of the Savior and write an Easter talk on the atonement. He also gave me a blessing and he blessed me to realize the impact that I am making in others lives. In the blessing he said that I will be having a Huge change next transfer and that I would have a lot more responsibility... that kinda made me nervous because I think I might be training... He said that this time is preparing me for future companionships. And he blessed me to recognize the love that the Savior has for me!! I felt 100 times better after that. He has placed a lot of trust in me by putting me in this area that hasn’t had much, if any, progress in the past year. I am supposed to be one of the ones to turn this zone around… Yikes!!! He told me that if there was anything that I needed to do better, he would tell me and there is nothing that he would change about me. That really lifted me up!!! He has so much love for all of us and of course some extra love for me because I am a fellow Coloradoan!!! Haha! Anyway, the moral to that story is that time needs to slow down. I think that by the time I get a hang of this, I will be boarding an airplane to come home. Everyday is an amazing learning experience and I wouldn’t trade any of it for the world!!!!

The Elders serving in our ward asked Gyle if any of the many baptisms that Sis. Walker had slated in Kingman when she left, ever materialized.
You can tell the Elders that yes, the baptisms are ALL going through. Patricia, the new wife of the ex-communicated bishop/ newly baptized member… was baptized with her husband on Feb. 14th. Jennifer Hepner, Aaron Hepner’s step-mom was baptized on the 21st and her baby was blessed on the 22nd. The Schuelers (Dad and two boys… LA now Active Mom) are getting baptized next weekend. The Farnsworths (Mom and Son are still working towards their baptism. The Schoeneman kids (3) are ready for baptism and are waiting for their dad to be ready… I am going to call Sis. Little this afternoon and find out if there is anything else going on. I am SO SO SO SO SO SO SO SO SO Happy for them!!!!!!!!! It just makes me want to work even harder in this area! Woohoo!!!
Can't believe that Sister Walker has been serving for over six months - time does fly by WAY TOO FAST!

Oh - and Chelsee will go back to the doctor in one week to find out if the cast is working or if she will end up needing surgery for her broken hand.

No comments: