Monday, December 14, 2009

Chelsee Letter - December 10

I love my life. Just in case any of you had any doubt…… I love this work and I love the Lord and I love being a missionary! Yay!

Now that I got that out of my system… today is my 15 month mark. You know what that means??? Any babies that were born the day I entered the MTC are now walking, talking and pooping in the toity. HELLO! 15 MONTHS! YIKES! I’m just slightly freaking out today! But by 6 I will be over it and back to focusing on the work of the ministry. I just had to have a trunky moment for a second there. Phew… glad that’s over with!

This has been a fantastic week. First of all, we got 10 new investigators last week, 7 of which were in one ward, the ward that has been struggling to have any baptisms this year. Can you say year end bonus??? I love it! We are going to baptize all of them and I am so excited! We officially have 5 people set for baptism right now and hopefully 3 more by the time we chat next week! It is raining baptisms here in Boulder City and I am LOVING IT!

Ok, so one more trunky moment and then I will move on… since I only have 2 transfers left after this one I am trying to come to terms with the fact that I will probably be transferred from Boulder City after this transfer. YIKES. I think I can handle it though. I just have to keep reminding myself that I have made it through being transferred before and I can make it through again! I am doing a lot of self-talking workshops with myself lately, can you tell??!!!!

Jiminy Crickets did you know that wool sweaters are itchy? Just wondering? I am wearing one right now and it is making my arms itch therefore I am wasting about 3.7 seconds of time stopping to itch every 7.3 seconds! Wow, life can be difficult!

Well, Christmas time is upon us and it is finally starting to feel like Christmas around here. We only listen to Christmas music in the car, lights are up everywhere, and the air is crisp and cool. Today it was only in the 30’s. Yes, that is cold even though you are all experiencing negative temperatures, you still have to admit that 30 is cold… especially in the desert!

Hum-in-a, hum-in-a, hum… what else is there to talk about??? I am doing super well and I am SO HAPPY! We have a ton of investigators right now and we are setting lots of people for baptism… what better Christmas present could there be than that???

Thanks for all the letters and cards, they make me smile! Thanks for all the prayers and love, it warms my soul!

I love you all so very much! Make good choices, don’t do drugs and BE HAPPY!!!

Love, ME!

P.S. new favorite scripture… Romans 8: 35-39! SO GOOD!

No comments: