Monday, December 28, 2009

Chelsee Letter December 17

OK, so you are never going to believe that I am saying this but……… I LOVE CHRISTMAS!!!!

Yes, that’s right; I said it and I mean it! This season has been SO fantastic! We have been getting new investigators like there’s no tomorrow. We picked up a new investigator last week and he is going to get baptized the day after Christmas! We are teaching a family of 8 and 4 of them are baptismal age and the other 4 are going to be baptized when they are 8!!!! I love bringing families into the gospel!

At one of the ward Christmas parties last week we had 10 investigators and 2 potential investigators come! We were shocked! We also met all but one of our goals for the week and that rarely ever happens! I truly believe that this recession has been so good for the people here. So many hearts have been softened. So many people are focusing more on the true meaning of Christmas rather than all the gifts and decorations. I LOVE IT!

So let me tell you about 2 of our Christmas miracles that have happened in the last week……Coty is 9 and part of a part-member family. We went over to their house to visit them because they had stared coming back to church and we set up a time to start teaching Coty and… set him for baptism that night. He is getting baptized on the 26th and he cant wait. He is the most intelligent 9 year old I have ever met. He stared reading the Book of Mormon on Wednesday and is already done with 2nd Nephi… and it’s not like he is just skimming through it, we have him tell us what he has read and he tells us every little detail of every chapter… I can’t even do that. He has been SO fun to teach and his family has been super supportive as well.

We are also teaching his 10 year old sister Cami and hope to have her set for baptism soon!

The family of 8 was a referral from a less active member. We met the family on Thursday last week, had a lesson of Friday, invited them to the ward party that night and they came! The parents, Alex and Kristina, and all 6 of their daughters sat in for the lesson and it was fantastic! The girls are 11, 9, 7, 5, 3, and so naturally we can only baptize the parents and the oldest two girls but we will also prep the 7 year old for baptism in Feb when she turns 8!!!!! How awesome will that be one year after their baptism to see them in the temple… OK, I know we have only taught them one lesson and not even set them for baptism yet but I just know that they are going to get baptized in the near future!

We are so excited for the next couple of weeks!!! We also have Jimmy’s baptism next week and then Brian the following week and Jammie and Abby 2 weeks after that! I LOVE BAPTISMS!!!!!
Well, alas I must end this e-mail and get on with my day! I love you all SO VERY MUCH!!!! Make good choices, don’t do drugs and remember that Jesus LOVES YOU!

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year! I won’t be able to e-mail next week so hopefully this can last you for 2 weeks!

LOVE, ME!!!

No comments: