Tuesday, June 24, 2008

For the Beauty of the Earth!



I have been so jealous of the fam. in Colorado because you get to go camping so often.... anyway, I guess I can't be too jealous anymore because I went camping this past weekend and had an awesome time. On Friday evening we drove up to Island Park and set up camp then we had tinfoil dinners, played games, and star gazed. It was a relaxing, fun, weekend get-away! Friday night as we were out looking at the stars, I wandered off on my own for a bit and sat on a rock, closed my eyes and just listened. It was completely "human quite." I listened to birds chirping (yes, evidently birds chirp 1:00 in the morning), insects buzzing, leafs in the breeze and various other animals. How blessed we are to be surrounded by all of these beautiful things of this earth. Now, as I was listening, filled with joy, I thought to myself how wonderful these things are in this life... and how even more amazing they will be in the next. Our earthly journey is short, and one day we will return home to our Father in Heaven where we will have the chance to experience what we think of now as simple joys, in an even more majestic way.

1 comment:

Harrop Family said...

what an amazing girl you are. I'm so gald yougot to go camping and have this experience. isnt nature wonderful?