Thursday, July 10, 2008

My Birthday!






So, I had a pretty fun birthday! I went to school, came home, took a 15 minute nap, then went to work. For FHE we went to the dollar store and got white elephants then went to Sonic and did a gift exchange, had treats and my FHE bro. got an ice-cream cake for us! It was a pretty regular day... until that night. We decided to go swimming out at Monkey Rock which is about 30 min. from Rexburg. So, at 10:30 we loaded up Puffs car and headed out to go swimming! Puff and Charlissa had gone under the waterfall so, I followed them under. On my way, I didn't see the rock on the other side of the water and I face planted it right into the rock. I came back out fast and stood there for a minute. I thought I was ok until Puff came out and told me I was bleeding like crazy. We got my face cleaned up and discovered that I had two cuts and a swollen eye. Over the next couple of days, the swollen eye turned into a pretty intense black eye! Cool eh??? I thought it was pretty cool! I haven't had a black eye since I was like 9! So, I tell people I got stoned on my 21st birthday! Don't worry, it looks a lot worse than it feels!

2 comments:

Harrop Family said...

(gasp)! Oh my goodness! That looks way worse that what you told me about a "bad makeup job". Holy cow. OUCH!!!!!!! Happy Birthday!

Lianne said...

Ok, I felt really bad looking at your pictures, and then your little "stoned" comment just made me laugh. It looks like it hurts though! Hopefully it will heal fast. And I am glad that you had a good birthday - except for the rock incident...