Saturday, May 9, 2009

Tyson's Final Choir Concert

So- I vividly remember about 13 years ago standing in my laundry room on Lakeview Way crying as I folded Tyson's training pants for the very last time. It was just one of those "Mom" moments when you realize that a tender part of your life has passed.

Thursday night we went to the high school for Tyson's Choir Concert. As "Voices of the Pride" finsihed their last song, Tyson turned to Kelsey Hess and they embraced. That's all it took - my eyes filled with tears and the thought that came to my mind was folding those darn training pants.

A new chapter in life begins. Tyson graduates in two weeks and that means no more high school performances.

It means I'm getting old! And I'm SAD!!!


Tyson looking studly in his performance tux


Tyson and Mr. Walter - the choral director

All of the seniors after the concert

Tyson with best school pals, Ben and Troy.

No comments: