Saturday, May 9, 2009

Sister Walker and Cockroaches YUK!

Chelsee's letter is very positive and uplifting as usual. She's working hard and sounds like she's enjoying every minute of it. For some reason I cannot picture my 'germ-a-phobe' daughter living with cockroaches and being OK with that. But she is! Wow!

Here's some highlights from this week's letter:

  • Life is amazing as always!!
  • I am looking forward to Treicy’s baptism this Saturday! Holy heck, if you want to see someone whose life has been changed because of the gospel, look at Treicy! I have seen such a HUGE change in her! It is amazing what the gospel does for us! It puts a smile on my face!
  • So, this week has been even hotter than last. It has been around 104 the whole week. Yeah, try biking in that. I now take 2 showers a day! It has been fun being on bike part-time because we are meeting TONS of people. Hopefully one of these days my rear end will stop hurting! I am quite proud-ish of the fact that I took a $20 bike and turned it into a very useable bike! I put lots of work into it and it is as good as new now. And… I did the whole thing myself. New breaks, new tires/ tubes, new seat… and a good shine up! It looks great. Who knows maybe I’ve found my lot in life… a bikeologist! Ok, so I made that word up but it sounds like a cool title!
  • This morning I went to a sealing of a family I worked with in Kingman. IT WAS 100% INCREDIBLE!!!! Folks, that is what this work is all about. It was fun to see most of the missionaries that had worked with them from the very beginning came back to be there! The Paulsens have had a huge impact on a lot of missionaries. I loved it!
  • I gave a training on Tuesday in District Meeting on how to communicate better with our investigators! Thanks to my Major, I was taught well in school and I was able to give a pretty stellar training!!! It’s good to see the last 3 years of my education be put to good
    use!
  • We have picked up 3 new investigators so far this week and we are meeting almost all of our goals! It is fabulous!
  • Today we had someone come and spray for cockroaches and we are getting our carpets cleaned this afternoon! Let’s just say that I have learned to live in very humble living environments! It is good for me though!
  • Make good choices, don’t do drugs, be happy and always remember that I love you!
  • LOVE, ME!

No comments: