Saturday, February 21, 2009

Sister Walker's Broken Hand



Sis. Walker thought she'd break her hand on Friday the 13th - Here is a copy of the letter Chelsee sent this week explaining about her broken hand. She included a photo of her X-Ray as well as a photo of Sis. Walker and her companion - it is a classic "Chels," sporting lovely yellow sunglasses that I'm sure are considered conservative for missionaries???? (giggle)

I will be talking with her doctor this week and will keep you posted on any updates... This is just such a Chelsee kind of thing. (smile)


Yes folks I broke my right hand on Friday the 13th (go figure!!!) and I have a
freaking AWESOME green cast!!!! I'm doing great! The work must go on
and hey... it softens people’s hearts when you show up on their doorstep with
your arm in a sling!!!!


Ok, you are probably wondering how I did it... but it shouldn't surprise you that I am very talented at being accident prone...... I broke it when I was reaching for my mousse in my cupboard and the mousse fell on the ground... on my way from point A to point B I ran into point A 1/2!!!


Sis. Christensen (the mission Mom) laughed pretty hard when I called her and told her what happened. The bone broke in half and I had to go in on Tuesday and get it set...OUCH! Very, very, very painful but super cool how they did it!!!! I wish I had a picture of sister Lupeni’s face!!! Priceless! I go back in next Thursday to
make sure I don’t need surgery!


I am SOOOOO excited for Maria’s baptism on Saturday!!!! She is so incredible! We have had so much fun planning her baptism and we have also had many many spiritual experiences while planning too!


We went to a Samoan fireside last Sunday with an investigator. A Samoan choir from St. George sang at it! So good… even though I didn’t understand a thing they were saying! The chapel was full of Samoans from the Vegas area!!! Sis. Lupeni
loved it because there were a lot of Tongans there too! Yummy food
afterward!!!! Delish!


Well friends, I am LOVING LIFE!!!!!!!! I have written this whole thing with one hand and it sure is getting tired! Make good choices, don’t do drugs, be
happy and watch out for those crazy counters!!!!


LOVE,
ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!