Thursday, November 13, 2008

New Chelsee Update

Here's some tidbits from Chelsee's most recent letter dated November 13th... It's so wonderful to hear that she is still loving every minute of missionary service. She's now experienced a type of sadness that she's never felt before - what a great opportunity for her to learn what true love and service are all about. She's such a GREAT missionary!!!!

Can you believe I have been on my mission for 2 months and 3 days now??? I can’t! Time is flying by far too fast! Well, I just thought I would let you know that I am still in Kingman! Phew! Transfers were this past Tuesday and luckily Sister Egan didn’t get transferred either! It is so good to know that I get to have her for another 6 weeks! Our next transfers are on Dec. 23rd. Sister Egan is for sure getting transferred then because she will have been in Kingman for 7 ½ months and that is the longest they will keep anyone in an area. Good news though… I will stay here! They won’t DT (double transfer) us out of Kingman because they just sent sisters to our area 6 months ago and they aren’t going to replace us with Elders for a while.

So, it is kinda funny though because next transfer, I will have been in Kingman the longest. They will be DTing the Elders and the other Sisters! So, my 3 months of experience here will be quite valued! Haha!

Oki Dokie Artichokies! So you know how Traci and Jarren had their baptism last week…. Well, we went to do her interview with the Elders and they found out that she had broken the Word of Wisdom that day and she would have to wait a week for her baptism. We haven’t been able to get a hold of her since. I just keep praying that everything will work out. She would be a great CTR 8 primary teacher one day! We were heart broken for Jarren because he is So ready but Traci wants him to get baptized with her. Let’s just say that Sister Egan and I had quite a few tears last Friday. It is interesting how much it hurts when things don’t work out. The hurt is something I haven’t really ever felt before though. It was like I could feel Traci and Jarren’s pain. I don’t know how to describe it but it confirmed to me the power of my calling. Wow! But, it will happen one day, I know it will.

On the bright side, we still have a lot of baptisms coming up! Woohoo! Um… Tomorrow we are spending the day in Vegas for Zone Conference! I am excited but I hate that it is a 4 hour round trip. That is 4 hours that we could be spending to teach and help people. Hopefully we can get a lot of administrative work done on the road.

Oh PS, I found out on Tuesday about Obama! I was just a few hours short of making it a week without knowing who the President was!

2 comments:

Harrop Family said...

Mom, I love what you've done with the blog. You are really getting into this. Great job. I'm so glad you love to blog!!

Harrop Family said...

From Brailee:

uhjgvbn,.................................................................bcvsxaop[ghjkbbbbbrrrraileehgjfdaszxcvbnm,./l;'hryyhhhghhjdh