Thursday, November 20, 2008

From The Best Missionary Ever!

Chelsee's letters continue to amaze me. Wow! She is so on fire and such a great missionary!!! This week's letter just shines with enthusiasm for the work!

Um yeah, it is still in the 80’s in Kingman!!!! I’m loving my life!It has been a really great week!

I have been pretty busy since last week, a lot has happened! Last Friday we left Kingman at 8:10 and drove 2 hours to Henderson, Nevada for a Zone Conference. Elder Yoshihiko Kikuchi from the first Quorum of the 70 came and spent the whole day teaching us. I was SO spiritually enlightened. The Zone conference went from 10 (Vegas time) till 5:30 then we drove home and with the time difference, we didn’t get back to our house until 9:47. Let’s just say it was a LONG DAY but it was so good! Elder Kikuchi taught us some better ways to do street contacts and he changed our morning schedule. It used to be as follows: 6:30 wake up, exercise 30 minutes, 7:00 eat, shower, get ready for the day, 8:00 personal study, 9:00 companion study. Now it is: 6:25 wake up, 6:30 begin exercise, 7:00 shower and get ready (that means 5 minute showers each), 7:30 Sacred Grove…. Let me explain this, Elder Kikuchi taught us that every day we can have our own sacred grove experience. We take the time to go into separate rooms and pray out loud. When we pray after exercise and showers we are way more alert and our prayers are much more sincere. It has been really cool so far….. ok back to the schedule…. 7:40 personal study, 30 minutes in the Book of Mormon and 30 minutes in PMG, 8:40 breakfast, 9:00 companionship study, 10:00 get to work!

I have loved the new morning schedule so far! I find that my mornings are much more productive and I have so much more energy throughout the day. Anyway, I don’t know why I just went into detail with all of that except that it has changed the work a lot. Elder Kikuchi promised that by following this schedule and the other things that he taught us, our baptisms would double, triple and even quadruple. We had 76 baptisms for the whole mission in the month of October. Our goal for December is over 100 and by January we hope to have double then triple that amount.

Well folks, we have a baptism on Saturday for Tanya, a 41 year old black woman who is very black! I LOVE HER! As you probably could have guessed, we get along really well! I love black people! She still has a lot of Baptist in her but she has a firm testimony of the gospel and the “Mormon Book.” I love it! Right now she is taking care of her 2 year old grandson, Peace, who is my FAVORITE!! I have officially adopted him as my little brother. I trained him to say, “I wov you Sista Waka.” I am so in love! Haha! I’ll for sure send you pictures of Peace!

Traci and Jarren still haven’t been baptized but we are going to set them again for the 29th. Hopefully things will work out this time. We finally got back into their home and we are on good terms once again. Sister Egan and I went and bought some Riesens and on 50 of them put reasons why we love the Cole Family (Traci, Jarren and Eddie) then put them in a bowl with a sign that said, “Here are 50 “Riesens” why we love you.” Then we delivered them. We were just going to leave them at the door since it was already 9:00 but we really felt like we needed to knock and try to get in. We did and it was so good to talk with them. Um… we didn’t get home until 9:45 but it was so worth it. Don’t worry, we told our Zone Leaders that we were late and they were fine with it!

On Saturday we re-set Aaron Hepner, the 9 year old whose apostate dad wants him to be baptized. Aaron actually re-set himself. Up until that point I think he was only doing it for his dad but now he is totally into it. He came to church on Sunday and will be coming the next couple of weeks as well. It is kinda difficult because he is at his mom’s house every other weekend but he was able to work things out to come to church. He will be getting baptized on December 6th.

Shannon is still getting baptized on the 6th and she is progressing at an unbelievable rate! Interesting situation with her kids though since her husband worships Satan. The kids can’t decide which way to go. We did start teaching 2 of them last week and hopefully they will choose the right side! :)

The work is CRAZY EXCITING! I am loving it so much! Hmmm… have I told you that before??? Haha! Even though I am not technically getting trained anymore, I am still receiving a ton of training from Sister Egan. I love that I get to have that opportunity for an extra 6 weeks. It will help me so much to be an even better missionary. I think everyone should be “trained” for 12 weeks! It has already proved to be so good for me!

I have decided to read the entire Book of Mormon this transfer… anyone want to join?? That means that we have 4 ½ weeks left! Ok, you can have an extra week since I did start last week! It’ll be fun… you should do it… you know you want to!

1 comment:

Hay Dub said...

She is amazing! We are so proud of her. She is so upbeat and funny. I love reading her letters!