Saturday, November 15, 2008

Change

It's 6:00 Saturday morning - a beautiful Colorado sunrise by the way - and my brain is wide awake! Helllloooooo.... it's Saturday! I had every intention of sleeping in but my brain figures since I get up between 4:30 and 5:00 every morning that on Saturday it has to do the same thing. So I finally got up and came to the computer.

This week has produced several changes to my life... and... change is good. To me, change is an onward and upward movement of a great journey. I always learn from change. I always look back on change and see the hand of the Lord in my life as well.

When we moved to Colorado over five years ago, I didn't know what our lives would be like. It has been an incredible opportunity for each of us. I'm so glad we made that decision to jump at the opportunity of moving. As difficult as it was then, we have been blessed a hundredfold since. Colorado is very dear to me and most definitely feels like HOME! I also cannot believe the opportunities that have come into my life with this move.

I have been serving as the Stake Relief Society President for four and a half years. Our stake was created in March of 2004 and I've been in the Stake RS ever since. I have loved every minute and I can say that I have truly given the calling my all. I have learned so very much and I've been blessed with a myriad of blessings that are treasures to my heart.

Gyle was called as Bishop of our ward in August this year. I have known since then that I would be released from my stake calling. Our stake President told me that being a Bishop's Wife is a huge undertaking in itself. However, he asked that I continue in my calling until they could find a replacement.

Last week during Stake Conference the change was made. I have to be honest - I am saddened that I will lose the association I've had with so many sisters in our stake, but I am totally at peace with this change. It has not been hard or difficult to turn my things over to Cathy, (I love Cathy and she will continue to care for Relief Society in the best way!) ...nor has it been heartbreaking in any way. It just feel right!

Along with the change in Relief Society, I was also informed that my position at work will be changing. It will be announced to the staff this week that I will be the new Associate Administrator of our Surgery Center. Wow! Again, this is another growth experience that I consider part of the Lord's hand guiding me. I am working with one of the most successful medical contract management companies in the country - Med Exec. I am associating with incredible people who I admire and love. Sometimes it seems unreal to me - I'm just a simple "Mormon Mom" who dedicated the past 27 years to raising kids and doing PTA and community involvement - and now - I cannot believe where I'm at and what's happening in my life.

So... I begin a new chapter in my journey. I will miss Relief Society but I'm OK with it all and I'm looking forward to seeing what this new work opportunity brings my way.

3 comments:

The Walker Fam said...

Wow mom! You are such a remarkable woman. I'm thrilled that you are at peace with your release, and so excited about your new possition at work. Change is a great thing. Thank you for being who you are. ~Britnee

Hannah White said...

Mom, I am so freaking excited for you! That will be so great for you to have the opportunity to learn and grow in a whole new way. You have always been such a huge example to me so I know that you must have the same impact on other people.

Lianne said...

It's always fun to hear about change in other people's lives. I am glad to hear that everything is going well for you guys!