Friday, August 28, 2009

Sister Walker's At It Again... August 27

Just read Chelsee's enthusiasm! She's so on fire and so loving being a missionary!!! Wow!
  • Life is good. Life is SO SO SO SO SO GOOD!!!!!!!!I just want to dance around and sing all the time because I am so happy and life is so amazing!!!! Hey, did you know that THE CHURCH IS TRUE?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Well folks, I am here to tell you that IT IS!!!!
  • We have seen so many wonderful miracles the past week!
  • First of all, last Friday we were teaching Jake and at the end of the lesson we asked if he had any further questions and he said something like this, "How long does it take before I can get baptized, I mean, I use to think that I didn't know enough and that I had to gain all of this knowledge before I could get baptized but today at work I was talking with Nick (another member) and he told me that becoming a member of the church is like getting your pilots licence. You can become a pilot without knowing EVERYTHING and once you become a pilot, you still have a lot to learn. So, I feel like I have learned the basics and I know that the church is true and I was wondering, when can I get baptized." I wish I had a camera on my face because I am sure it would have been a priceless look. Jake basically set himself for baptism right then and there. We told him that he still had a bit to learn but he could be baptized on the 29th or the 30th of August. We decided on the 30th and got permission for a waterside confirmation. MIRACLE.... I think YES!!!!!!
  • Jake has been on fire since the second we started teaching him (which was just 2 1/2 weeks ago) and we were planning on setting him for baptism during the next lesson but hey, why wait! I didn't think that we would have a baptism this transfer but WE DO!!!!! This week we have been teaching him every night, for two reasons, 1. because we still had to finish his lessons and 2. because we knew that because he is so amazing that he would be hit with the adversary like crazy.... and he has. He has been SO strong through it all. It is interesting how it has come to him as well. He is so stinking solid!Ok, enough of Jake.
  • Another Miracle... we went to a baptism that some Elders had on Saturday and we invited DeLoris to come. Sister Snow, a member in the ward picked up DeLoris and brought her to the baptism. While sitting in the chapel after the baptism, DeLoris said, "I think I can hold my breath that long." Then Sis. Snow turned to her and said, "when are you getting baptized?" DeLoris turned to Sis. Little and said, "When AM I getting baptized?" then Sis. Little said, "Well DeLoris we have just been waiting for you to get your answer about September 12th." DeLoris then said, "well, I think that September 12th sounds great!" Then she turned to Sis. Snow and said, "September 12th." We were all so excited!!!!!!
  • Who knew, 5 weeks in an area and we have 2 investigators that WE found set for baptism!!!!! I believe in Miracles, Miracles, Miracles!!!!!!
  • Transfers are on Tuesday and both Sister Little and I are praying our hearts out that we can stay together in Boulder City... but of course, we will "go and do the thing which the Lord hath commanded..."
  • Today we hiked up what they call Black Mountain but really it is just a big hill so I have officially changed the name to Black Hill. It was pretty insane though because it is 109 degrees out today and Black Hill is literally black with lava rock. It is actually a volcano!
  • Anyway, I got lots and lots of sun and I think I might be a little burnt! Oops! Oh well, it was fun to be out of proselyting clothes and in shorts and a tee-shirt for a couple of hours!!!

This part of her letter warmed my mother's heart!

  • I am so happy, so healthy and SO SO SO in love with Missionary work!

Chelsee's famous closing...

Thank you SO much for your prayers and love!I love you!

Make good choices, don't do drugs and remember to be HAPPY!Love, ME!!!!

No comments: