Saturday, January 3, 2009

Taking Down Christmas / Fresh Air

I always hate to take down Christmas... until I'm about half way done and then I get so excited that things are getting cleaned up. The house always looks so 'empty' when the decorations are tucked away for another year. But - it's really like a breath of fresh air. Things always end up looking so clean and tidy. That's the part I love!!!

We had a two story Christmas tree in the family room - and so
when the ladder came in the house to take the decorations off the tree, I had Gyle move some art work around. Down came the mirror in the living room and up went our new family photos. The painting in the family room got moved to another wall and in it's place went up pictures of my kids. Tyson wanted to rearrange the furniture, so that's just what we ended up doing.

While we were at it, Gyle decided that the old, broken in, very cumfy chairs in our bedroom had to go - so off we went to purchase some new ones.

All in all, it feels so nice to have Christmas down and my house all tidy and clean.









1 comment:

Lianne said...

It looks very nice! I love those family photos. I still need to order some. Can't wait to come see all the changes!