Thursday, January 22, 2009

Fishing Trip???

So, Chelsee's letter home today was titled "Still On My Fishing Trip!!!!" At first I giggled, and then I thought about the meaning behind it... She is being a "Fisher of Men" (And a darn good one at that!)



Here's some highlights from today's letter...


  • So this transfer is coming to a close pretty soon, February 3rd (yup, mom's birthday!), and as that end gets closer I have realized how immensely I have grown as a missionary. It has for sure been a challenging transfer… new companion, new investigators, no baptisms…etc… but it has been SO worth it!

  • One of the most challenging parts for me is that I really feel like the senior companion most of the time… I have had to step up to the plate and take on a LOT more responsibility. I know the people here and I know the area and I have had to teach Sister Little SO MUCH. However, I have realized that she is one Powerful teacher and I am learning a ton from her too! So last night as we were talking about this we decided that I am the senior companion over the area and she is the senior companion over the teaching!!! It works out great for both of us!

  • I love Sister Little! She is a fabulous missionary and I learn from her everyday!

  • We have had quite a bit of success in our teaching as we now have 4 investigators set for baptism next transfer and 3 or more that we plan on setting within the next week. I have seen the hand of our Father in Heaven so prominently in my life and the lives of our investigators these past few weeks.

  • One baptism that I am SO excited for is the baptism of our investigators Belinda and Holden. They are a part member family, Belinda is the soon to be wife of a less active member and Holden is her 8 year old son. We found this family on a potentials list and we started teaching them right away. They are amazing! I have loved seeing them keep commitments and grow stronger as a family. The gospel has changed their lives so much! It is incredible!

  • Know that I am doing well, I am healthy and SO HAPPY!!!! I couldn’t be in a better place doing anything better than this work!

No comments: