Thursday, September 18, 2008

Letter From Sister Walker

We got a letter! We got a letter!!!

I stopped by the mailbox on my way home from work and there was the green envelope I've been waiting for. Yippeeeee! Sounds like Chelsee is more than fine - she's loving every minute of her time at the MTC (well - except the food) (grin)

Here's what she says:

"Once upon a time there was this really rad Sister Missionary named Sister Walker... oh wait, that's me!

"Oh my, I love the MTC! I am having such a great time here. Time is flying by. I know it has only been 5 days but it still is unreal how fast it has gone. They say that days feel like weeks and weeks feel like days. So true! By the time I get back to my room at night I am so exhausted. I haven't fallen asleep at the side of my bed while praying yet but I think I could if I wanted to! However, it is the best kind of exhaustion ever!

"So, the food... not so yummy. But hey, it fills me up and gives me energy so I guess I can't complain too much! I am in the choir and we are singing tomorrow night. (by the time you get this it won't be tomorrow night it'll be more like 2 nights ago!) The choir just sings at the Tuesday night fireside/devotional things! Yesterday for Relief Society, Sister Margaret Liffereth the 1st Counselor in the General Primary Presidency spoke. She was great! She said to win the hearts of the kids to win the hearts of their parents! Hmmm...I think I can do that! Last night our fireside was with Brother Steve Graham who does the Missionary Training stuff. Yes, he is from Rigby so I'm guessing he is related to Bo. I didn't get a chance to talk to him but I thought that was cool. Jot off a note to Bev and ask. His wife is from Liverpool and was baptized on the Isle of Man. Cool eh? I thought so! Oh, before I forget, Mom thank you for the package. Pretty much it saved my life! We don't even eat until 8:15 so we have a whole hour of class before breakfast. Killer! The pretzels saved me!

"Well folks, I love you! The Church is true! Love, Sister Walker"

7 comments:

Lianne said...

Devin says told you so (to Chelsee). We are glad to hear that she is doing good!

Laurie said...

It must just be that great....'Sister Walker' name!!!!I knew and know that Chelsee will be a wonderful missionary!!!
SISTERS ROCK!!!

Laurie said...

oh..FYI Sister Liffereth is in my Stake, her husband is out Stake patriarch. she is so amazing, and so down to earth- Have a great day!!!!!

Megan Maree Walker Boehm said...

Thanks for sharing that letter! I am so glad she is doing great! Keep us all updated! LOVES

acp08 said...

Hey, thanks! I took the letter and posted it on the chi-town website...

This is Rom by the way!

Hay Dub said...

Sister Walker is really Rad! We are so happy for her! Thanks for keeping us updated. I have been thinking of her!
luv ya

Morgs said...

Thanks for sharing her letter Suz. Looks like she is having a great time!