Sunday, January 10, 2010

Sister Walker Highlights January 2010

SISTER WALKER

  • Happy New Year… I can’t believe 2009 has come to an end. Where did the time go? Well, I for one would LOVE for 2010 to be Much slower than 2009 but I don’t think that is going to happen! Maybe if we combined our efforts and prayed really, really, really hard than the next 3 months will go really SLOW! I would rather enjoy that thank you!
  • So, this has been quite the eventful past couple of weeks! We had 2 baptisms last week, one of which I never thought I would see the day that he got baptized. I have been teaching Jimmy since the second week I was in Boulder City and he was off and on for all of that time. Finally he decided back in September that he was going to get baptized on Dec. 26th and even though it was still a rocky road he finally made it to his baptism! He is going to be a great member! The other one was a 9 year old genius! Coty was/is the smartest investigator I have ever taught and he has grasped the gospel more that anyone I have ever taught! They were 2 fantastic baptisms!
  • Coty’s family has been less active for quite some time but now they are back into activity! Coty’s 10-year-old sister Cami is currently taking the lessons and wants to get baptized in March… we hope to move that up some! Cami has made a huge 180 since we first met her a month ago… she was trying to go down the “gothic” route and now she has turned into a little sweetheart! Their family has been very active the past month or so and I believe they will remain active! They are such a great family and I am excited for the adventures in the gospel that lay ahead! Oh man, I love this work!!!
  • Oh, P.S. I have shingles on my leg! Ouch! I guess they are caused by stress or something like that! The doc says they are clearing up though and should be gone in 3-4 weeks! I might miss them when they go. They are rather interesting looking and you all know how I love my battle wounds! Haha! However, I don’t suggest getting them they are extremely painful!
  • Guess what, guess what, guess what, I survived another transfer and I am still in Boulder City! I am training again this transfer. Sister Burgess is straight from the MTC!!! Sister Burgess is from Maryland! I LOVE Sister Burgess! What a great missionary! She reminds me a LOT of Melanie Hunter! I am excited be serving with her. She has a solid testimony and isn’t afraid to open up and share it in appointments. Yesterday we had quite a few appointments with investigators that have very interesting questions and she just opened right up and answered their questions without any hesitation! We went to check on a new investigator who ended up not being home and as we were walking back to the car, Sister Burgess noticed an open door to an apartment a few doors down (that I hadn’t noticed because I was focused on who we were going to see next) and she said, “Hey, shouldn’t we go talk to those people.” So, we did! She shared a simple testimony with them, then we gave them a card for Finding Faith in Christ and a Restoration pamphlet. They weren’t interested in us coming back but, heck, I was so proud of Sister Burgess! I have a lot to learn form her!!!! She is going to be a great asset to our mission!
  • I am so excited for this transfer! This means that at the end of this transfer I will have done 7 ½ months in Boulder AND I could possibly finish my mission here which means I would spend 9 months here!!! That is half my mission!!
  • Oh goodness, we had the best baptisms last week. We had Jammie’s baptism on Thursday and it went so well! Then her daughter Abby was baptized on Saturday and again it went very well. AND… we are starting to teach Jammie’s husband Phil who wasn’t really interested before and then he came to the baptisms and Church on Sunday and now he is totally interested. He has had the first lesson and we are going back tonight to teach the second one! Yay!!! I love when a whole family embraces the gospel! I can’t wait to be in the temple when they are sealed!!!

No comments: